I've got some sort of lovely head/throat/sinus/eye thing going on, with the result that I look like this:
On to more serious things. Well, thing. As usual, I'm managing to mix the horrible with the amusing. Life is kind of like that, I guess.
- The phrase "playing God" sure gets thrown around a lot in regards to the excesses of modern science, but what says "playing God" more than choosing which healthy child to kill and which to keep? "Why do "reductions" of twin pregnancies trouble pro-choicers?" Because they reveal the heart of the issue.
- Amoebic meningoencephalitis: Despite 3 deaths recently, you don't need to flip out about it...except I read that one guy got it from using a Neti pot with tap water! For anything that you are inserting into your face near your brain, use distilled water, people!
- Sitting at church near someone who can sing. Hark! I totally do this!
- This set of engagement photos is already rip-roaring around the Interwebs, because they are so awesome. Please sit through the long load time, they're well worth it! (And this link is to the photographer herself's site.)
- Everything you ACTUALLY need to know about Kim Kardashian's Wedding