- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep is an organization that exists "to introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with a free gift of professional portraiture." They are getting started here on Okinawa. It's a heartbreaking subject, but I was told by a friend who would know that this is an invaluable service to provide to these families. You have to be a professional photographer with a website to volunteer as a photographer, but you just need a basic knowledge of photography to be an assistant. You can also donate at the website.
- I hate to cliche at you*, but Pat Robertson failed epically yet again. I read something funny on Twitter though--suddenly the mainstream media thinks it's unacceptable to divorce because you're unhappy? This article looks at why his stance is a lie...if I may borrow a phrase...from the pit o'hell.
- Japanese tsunami from the persepctive of a dash cam. This is from one of the less-dramatically-hit areas, but is still scary, especially the end. Is it weird that I tend to think of tsunami-escape scenarios? In this situation, if we'd been in one of those cars, what would have been pretty scary for just me turns into something absolutely terrifying if I were trying to get Eva out of her car seat. What would we have done? Tweeted by @typhoonfury.
- Egypt national team selects Bob Bradley. This is pretty big news for an American to be coaching another national team.
- Artificial blood vessels created on a 3D printer. And I thought those things were cool when they made architectural models with them!!
- Will Arnett, AKA one of the funniest people on earth, on NPR (AKA NPR's excuse to play lots of Arrested Development exerpts). Definitely listen to it as opposed to reading. On a related note, I just decided to change the fish's name to G.O.B.
*yes I just made that up