The GNG has gotten ridiculously maternal with her dolls recently. Here she is having a little skin-to-skin time with Muhkey. She also swaddled him and laid him down to sleep next to her after a ton of cuddling.
Pardon me while I play catch-up. Crazy week followed by a sick day and a half. Ugh.
- Why you shouldn't really believe the hype about the new Arrested Development season/movie...this has happened before.
- This is absolutely amazing, even if you're not into birds: eagle owl flying toward the camera at 1,000 frames/sec
- It's finally happening...eventually--Consolidation of 173rd now expected to be June 2013. I hope it doesn't change Vicenza too much. We still have some great anti-Dal Molin posters [that we stole off a wall] somewhere in the house.
- What is retirement, anyway? Did you know that the whole "golden years" thing is a modern construct? This article (I actually listened to it on NPR) reminded me of John Piper's whole "Don't waste your life" thing. (I plan on checkin' out in my mid-50s anyway, so I don't really have to worry about it. <--is it morbid or, perhaps, rude to announce this?)
- I am seriously embarassed to admit this (especially after I chastised all of my friends for acting jury in the Casey Anthony trial), but until this most recent glut, I read most Amanda Knox articles that I stumbled upon. And I really think she was innocent. I think that she had obvious issues and that she did a really bad job playing the part of grieving roommate like a good Italian would have, and it almost cost her a good chunk of her life in jail. Lesson learned? Don't mess with the Italian justice system. But we knew that already.