- Mother's Day for the motherless daughter - "You are your mother's daughter, created in your Father God's image. And nothing can break that."
- When I become a mother - another motherless daughter, thinking about the day she has a child
- Mother's Day for the Infertile - Russell D. Moore writes, "Regardless of how you do it, remember the infertile as the world around us celebrates motherhood. The Proverbs 31 woman deserves attention, but the 1 Samuel 1 woman does too."
- When Mother's Day hurts - "In recognition of the loss so many feel on Mother's Day, what if we reached out to another who carries that pain?" A mother who has lost a child suggests sponsoring a child who has lost a parent through an organization like World Vision (or, I'd suggest, Compassion, which always receives incredibly high financial accountability ratings).
And two bonus links for moms:
- The Habit of a Mother who Changes the World - Ever wonder where the mother goose gets the feathers to line the nest with (No? Well, have you now?) (Be warned--this blog contains the dreaded automatic music when you visit it.)
- Christ takes the preeminence, even in motherhood - A great reminder that motherhood is not the end-all and be-all of our existence.