This 4th of July, our night church had a get-together at Onna Beach. It was mind-blowingly hot, but at least one of us didn't get sunburned. The Pater Familias was stuck at work, but we had some fun anyway. When we made a quick stop at the shoppette, I was able to finally buy Eva one of these flags that she has been longing for ever since she learned the word "flag", and she didn't stop waving it once when it was in her hands.
Here are your tidbits from the day:
- The Idea of America - Kevin DeYoung on what he's thankful for.
- Place, Patrotism, and Sehnsucht (why patriotism is a good thing)
- First and Foremost Citizens of Heaven (repost from my last Tidbits)
- Fourth - A poem that nicely sums up why I wish I could simply celebrate our country's independence on this day, and leave war to other days. Here's why we can't:
- Why I Serve - One officer's perspective on why he served. MAJ Voelke was killed recently in Afghanistan.